Friday, September 5, 2008

Quiltology

S l  o    o    o    w l y     c  o  m i n g    u p    o u t    o f   p i l e s   i n   l i f e. :   )


Chicago was amazing to be honest. I had driven through it, but never really visited. It is so much nicer than New York. Oh, they don't have a cool little SoHo section or impressive financial district, but it was cleaner, more open and MUCH easier to navigate. 

Conference was good. There were about 300 people there, so I got to know people better since we saw the same people every session. Plus, we actually got to interact more with the speakers. If you go to Flicker and search for CFC08, you'll find some pictures of the conference. 

After the conference Karl and I did some sight seeing and relaxing. Karl kindly took me to a quilt store and patiently waited until I was "all done." : ) Quiltology focuses on modern patterns using some very sweet material. I bought the "Urban Amish" pattern and some fat quarters to make it. I'm so excited! A quilting group from my church is just starting up, which has been a dream of mine. I just think it's so good for women to get together to do hand work and chat about life. If anyone wants to join me, I'd be delighted. : )

www.quiltology.com

1 comments:

Sabrina's Cupcakes and Design said...

Karen, I looked up CFC08 on flickr there are some pretty neat photos. Someone even took picture of there notes which I thought was interesting. Sounds like you both had a great time.