Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Last rose of summer

Because of the warm fall weather, the roses in my garden are getting a second life. Without the threat of japanese beetle attack and disease they have bloomed remarkably well even after several hard frosts. So I have been snipping them off as they bloom to bring inside to enjoy their fragrance and color before the end of their show.
I am reminded of a trip I've taken on several June and July mornings to the Rose Garden at the OARDC in Wooster. Even if I don't paint roses it's a place that feeds my soul. I have read that it is good for an artist to feed her creativity a least once a week. It might be related to our art--or not. Just something that gives you that 'feeling' inside by doing, seeing, reading or listening to.
Now that the cold, dreary Ohio weather is upon us, it's more of a challenge to find that creative 'food'. So, I'm curious. What does it for you?

C

0 comments: